Exactly what is student loan law? The law offices of Catherine Christiansen focuses on borrower rights during repayment and anything as it relates to student loans.
Here are some questions to consider:
- Are debt collectors harassing you?
- Are you currently threatened with wage garnishment, social security offset, or tax refund offset?
- Have you been thinking about bankruptcy?
- Are you currently being sued for a student loan?
- Are you not sure how to get out if you are in default?
- Are you not able to afford the minimum payment?
- Is there any possibility for a discharge?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, please look carefully at our website to learn more about Christiansen Law Offices and the expert services we provide. We encourage you to call us for a FREE phone consultation. Our goal is to answer all of your questions and concerns about student loans – what can and cannot happen, what options you may or may not have, and exactly how to deal with your student loans to put your mind at ease.
Students are defaulting on their student loans in record numbers all over the country. There are many contributing factors, including schools over selling their placement rate for graduates, a bad economy, etc.
All over the nation, debt collectors get out of hand when it comes to their collecting methods on student loans. Since these collectors are usually paid commission, many seem to take great joy in terrorizing you to make you pay. They have no right to harass you.
At the Christiansen Law Offices, we can help you fight back against student loan debt collectors.
Services We Provide:
- We teach borrowers about various repayment options, including pros and cons of each option.
- We provide expert representation for borrowers being sued by lenders or the Department of Justice.
- We assist borrowers on the ways to get out of and stay out of default.
- We show you how to deal with abusive and harassing debt collection practices, even if that means litigating.
- We determine if a borrower qualifies for or needs assistance with obtaining a discharge.
- We also assist in litigating lenders, guarantors, servicers, and debt collectors that violate the laws.